Crayon Hearts! What could be more appropriate for VDay??? I was planning on doing this with all the kiddos, but it seemed my older two wouldn't be back till late. So, the hubs, lil boys, & I got to work on this fun/easy craft.I already prepared ahead of time & bought a silicone muffin pan with heart shapes similar to the one in the pic. I also thought ahead & bought a brand new box of crayons for the kids, since I knew we'd be using up all the old & busted ones for this project.
We had to remove the paper for a few & break up all the crayons. Then we loaded the heart shaped cups with different colored crayons like so....
Then we put it in the oven at 275 for like 12mins (we had to adjust from the suggested cause they just weren't melting hardly).
Once the crayons seemed fully melted we removed them & let them sit on the counter to cool... (yes they look like poop soup! LoL!)
After they were done cooling (like 30-45mins) we popped them out & we had pretty crayon hearts!
Well, that was fun! The boys enjoyed it that's for sure! They each gave one to their Grandma B, which was too cute! The older two weren't thrilled we did this without them, so looks like we'll be doing a repeat on or before VDay (along with the heart muffins & heart cupcakes I plan to bake with the kids)....
That's all for now folks..... Bye-bye!




No comments:
Post a Comment