Dec 23, 2011

Welp...

This is a blah blog... Not much going on here... All has been calm for this family lately. Hubby's still on the hunt for a better job (keep those fingers crossed and him in your prayers), kiddos are all doing well, we're all healthy, no drama as of late (thank God!), been civil with the ex, house is clean (yippy!), we finished our shopping way way back and our wrapping bout a week ago (can't keep track), so we've pretty much just been chillaxin since the kiddos got out for break (except for hubby who still has to work.. boo!). Me, I get the joy of working Christmas Eve, but really I can't complain.. I haven't worked all week and I get off at 1pm.... So, yea we're pretty boring... Oh well, I'm enjoying the calm while it lasts!

I have managed to get way organized again... Luv it! I've been making lists like crazy... Grocery lists, Christmas lists, To-Do lists, dinner menu lists for a week at a time, and the list goes on... I've gone through and reorganized my clothes, several closets, my 10yr old sons whole room (wont he be surprised!), our bedroom, the pantry... I'm sure there's more. I've deff been getting shit done! Yay me!

Now we're just waiting for Christmas to arrive... Can't wait to see the kids open their gifts! I'll prob wake up at like 3am and nobody will want to join me... What can I say, I'm always the first up Christmas morn! Hubs said I'm not allowed to wake him till 7am at the earliest.... we'll see bout that!

Since we're so boring lately I don't really have anything left to write about, so I'll leave y'all with a poem I wrote recently for my kiddos. Enjoy!



It isn't quite time yet, but the time is growing near
That day is creeping closer, much too closely here I fear
I know that it's inevitable, the day must eventually come
When first my oldest child leaves, the some day I'll have none

You four are growing way too fast, it's hard for me to bear
I miss the days when you were small, and looked to me for care
I can still remember the days you four blessings came to me
Each and every one providing more love to our family tree

Kelsey, you're nearly grown, you'll be a teen next year
I tried to will it not to happen, but the time is finally here
And Chase, you're growing too, it's hard to believe
On the day you were born, an Angel I did receive

Caleb, you're getting so big, next year it's Kindergarten for you
Seems like just yesterday when I caught you eating your own poo
Then there's my little Micah Man, not so little anymore
In the blink of an eye I hardly recognize you four

So slow down a bit, if I may ask you please
You all are growing up too fast, I'm begging on my knees
Stay my little ones a while longer, because if not I know
I will miss you all terrible, it'll break my heart when you all go

No comments:

Post a Comment